SRF’s municipal design team has the experience to take a project from conceptual development through preliminary design and into final design and construction. We specialize in projects with an elevated level of complexity and coordination as well as projects that require a standard level of effort.
SRF collaborates with our municipal clients – acting as an extension of their staff – to plan and design a wide range of roadway and utility projects. Much of our work includes improvements to residential streets and collector and arterial roadways as well as sanitary sewers, water mains and storm sewer systems. Additionally, we understand the importance of early coordination with private utility owners, railroads, watershed districts, and other agencies.
Get an inside look at our work [Read more]
Go On-Site with SRF at the Lindau Lane Grade Separation.
Because the traveling public and adjacent property owners are often those most affected by a municipal improvement project, SRF works closely with our clients to identify constructability issues and develop construction sequence plans. We recognize the importance of minimizing inconvenience and maintaining access – for business, resident, deliveries, and pedestrians – during construction. Providing our municipal clients with outstanding service and strong technical solutions are our highest priorities.
- Concept, preliminary, and final design
- Local streets
- County and state highways
- Utilities: sanitary sewers, water mains, and storm sewers
- Lift stations
- Private utility coordination
- Feasibility studies and assessments (Minnesota Section 429)
- Environmental documentation
- Traffic signals, signs and lighting systems
- Streetscape and urban design
- Trails and sidewalks
- ADA compliance
- Retaining walls
- Stormwater management
- Right of way acquisition and relocation assistance
- Train horn quiet zones
- Construction administration and surveying
- Public engagement